YOUR PUBLIC VALUE is a newly formed NGO in Berlin. We aim at promoting public value, good governance, and integrity (i.e. transparency, accountability and participation). We do so to sustain trust between government, business, and society. To develop mutual understanding, we rely on participation and co-creation: Every one of us has a role to play in sustainably transforming our world, and making sure that our collective interest is recognized as our self-interest.
With qualitative research and a multidisciplinary approach, we highlight new public value perspectives:
- DISCOVER: We research public value, stakeholder beliefs and potential areas of distrust across various ecosystems and industrial sectors.
- DISCUSS: We bring together the public, private, and civil sectors to discuss and define the public value needs of various industries.
- DEFINE: We help design projects that have the potential to address one or more Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- DELIVER: Our public value tools help the private sector to address the SDGs and shape public good.
TRUST = TRANSPARENCY + DIALOGUE & PARTICIPATION
Our values are: Trust, Transparency, Accountability, Integrity, Dialogue, Participation
Co-Creation and Participation
Our PUBLIC VALUE LABS are multi-stakeholder events that bring together representatives of the public, private and civil sectors. They focus on the future of a chosen industry and the needs of society and the environment in the particular field, and discuss concrete actions that work towards the SDGs. The labs can either be offline or online and are structured in a way that allows participants to learn and share in a collaborative manner. They are a unique space for dialogue between business and society, as well as in-depth discussion of what public value is.
- In a spirit of co-creation, participants define the social and environmental factors that lead to public value in their sector
- In a spirit of sharing knowledge, the participants exchange industry case studies and data
- In a cross-disciplinary and intergenerational spirit, they shape new multi-stakeholder projects to address one or more SDGs.
We also organise group simulations to demonstrate how business can promote the SDGs and achieve social impact through innovation and collaboration.
We partner with universities and research institutes. Our recommendations are based on independent analysis